Friday, February 24, 2012

2/24/12 Untitled Post

Hey there and thanks for stopping by!

I've been continuing working on Phantom and though I haven't posted in a while I have been making really good progress!  Most of it is too sketchy to bother posting so I decided to show you some conceptual art that you haven't seen yet.  These are sketches or panels that exemplify the style I am going for.  So you can get a very good idea of what it look like when it is more finished.  Here you go:





I've also been working on a series of posters for the Children's Theatre in Minneapolis.  They are based on some of the images from the coloring book that I do for them annually.  Here are two examples of the coloring book image next to its corresponding poster art:



I think its really amazing the difference the color makes.  I love color theory, I think that was one of the most exciting things I learned at MCAD, it completely changed the way I look at everything!  If you would like to take a little tour through the world of color theory here is very good website dedicated to the subject:

http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory


I will close today by sharing a picture of the Aurora Borealis.  Even though I've lived in Minnesota for TEN years (what?!) I still haven't seen it in action.  I have no-one but myself to blame for this and I plan on going up north soon to see it in real time.  SO excited!


So pretty.....
Well!  I have to go.  I got lots of stuff to do today.  Thanks for visiting!
Beckaroo OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment