Monday, January 20, 2014

01.20.14 Drawings Dancing!

Hello!  Welcome back to my little studio....
 I have been busy building up work for a show in April, so I haven't been to good about posting....but I've been working on some fun (but very time-consuming) things!  so let's jump right in....

I know last time I posted I was set on not animating my motion sequences but (as usual) I changed my mind.  It's good to be change-able!  Ultimately, I really wanted to see how they moved.  I haven't done any animation since my MCAD days and that was like a million years ago!  So this is still rough but I'm really happy with how well it turned out for how rusty I am. :-D




So, once I've finished smoothing out that movement, I'm going to render it so that it looks like these:
"Neon Tutu Twirl" 2013

"Neon Tutu" 2013

Hmmmm.....that shouldn't take too long.....As you can see, the drawings for the pirouette that I animated came from the top image, so you can get an idea of how the figures move and also how the animation will look like, eventually.  It will be fun to play with lighting!  Now, on to the next one!  here is a familiar image, a movement sequence of a dancer, leaping:
"Leap" 2013
 And here is a rough animation, based on those drawings:


Back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and I was just learning about animation, it was WAY more difficult do this stuff.  Now it is SO easy!  I'm going to make lots of little animations now.  And I have lots of material to work with, too....speaking of, here's another movement sequence, which I'll also be animating for my show.

"Spiral Arms" 2014
I can't wait to see those arms spiralling all around! :-)))  This is going to be a lovely little show, I think.
 ...but for now, I'm feeling pretty sleepy, so I will sign off and take a nap. Thanks for the visit and check back again, soon!
Love, Beckaroooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment