Monday, February 3, 2014

02.03.14 Animation!

Hi there,
Welcome back to my studio! I've been continuing to work on the animations for my show so I have more of that stuff to share this week. If you scroll down, you can see the rough animation for this pirouette I've been working on...here are the cleaned-up lines for this movement:


The next thing I'm going to do is add tone to it so it will look more like this: 

"Neon Tutu" 2014
That will probably take a little while...Animation is frustrating  because for the amount of drawings you have to make, it only ends up being one figure in the end.  And it takes SO many drawings to create a very brief amount of time...It messes with my head a little bit....so, I decided to arrange all the figures in such a way to show you, who do not do animation, just how many drawings actually go into creating the illusion of one movement...check it out:


"Perpetual Pirouette Figures," 2014
I like how that looks, it makes me think of Chinese scrolls or something when it's shrunk down really small. So I decided to do the same thing with the figures from the spiraling arms animation--look at this:

"Spiral Arms, figures" 2014

FUN! Just as a reminder, here is how it looks when all those figures are animated:


I love that one.  SO, even though it can be frustrating, animation is also SO satisfying....it helps that I draw super fast, too, that's kind of a necessity.  And this show is going to be so pretty....I can't wait to see it in real life--and neither can you!!

Well, back to work, so much more to do... there is so much more to come.
Love, Beckarooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment