Friday, November 27, 2015

11.27.15 Welcome back!

Hello!
Wow, it's been so long since I posted but I am finally done with my book, Joseph the Dreamer--it will be out next fall of 2016! (published by KarBen books and Lerner publications) Don't worry, I will let you all know when you can buy copies.  I can't share any of the art from it until then--which is SO hard!!!--but I have been playing around with some sketching and other things to decompress, so I have some fun things to post...The first thing I wanted to work was more of my galactic dancers.  I love them, right now I'm working with our closest neighbor, Andromeda:

Andromeda Galaxy 1

Andromeda Galaxy 2
I love drawing dancers so much!  It's the thing that comes most naturally to me.  So, of course, when I am drawing just for fun that is what I will likely do and here are some ballerinas for you:


Prima Ballerina Alessandra Ferri, Graphite and Ink Wash 2015

Odile, The Black Swan, graphite and ink wash 2015
 Here are some drawings of the dance of the dying swan...I love Swan Lake!

The Dying Swan, graphite and ink wash 2015

Recently a a friends of mine comissioned some drawings of The Nutcracker, for an ad she is designing (I will post that when it's completed)  Here are the preliminary drawings, I am going to add a wash to it and a little pop of color, too, but for now I do love how they came out:

The Nutcracker, studies 2015
 Another one of my obsessions is Once Upon a Time....okay when I first saw the show I didn't like but then something happened and now I love it so much--I even love the parts I hate--what's wrong with me???  One of my favorite things is how multi-dimensional the characters are--especially in the first season when they are all under the Evil Queen's curse--their cursed selves are so different from their normal selves. it's really fun to capture that.  My first attempt at some character design for them is Snow White/Mary Margaret:

Snow White/Mary Margaret, graphite and inkwash/sketchbook 2015

Ooooh YES, I'm getting back into the swing of things!  Also I am finally on Instagram so you can follow me here (and I am posting daily--or I try to, anyway!)

https://www.instagram.com/beckylaff

I am also keeping an account just for my sock monkey work and I'm finally finishing up "The Sock Monkey Tarot," which is both awesome AND functional! Sock Monkeys make everything better.
You can follow that progress here:

https://www.instagram.com/sockmonkeyworld

Check it out, follow it and love it!
Thanks for the visit!  Much more to come, so be back soon, friends!

Love, Beckarooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment