Saturday, July 30, 2011

07.30.11 Good-bye, Campana.

This was a sad week for me because I had to put my cat, Campana Azul to sleep.
She was one of my very favorite cats of all time and so I decided to dedicate this week to her.  She was a retired show cat, a Blue Mink Tonkinese, and the prettiest cat I've ever seen!  She was a perfect companion, too!  She would always be sitting quietly near me when I was working so often times I would sketch her if I was feeling blocked or uninspired.  Always did the trick!
 here's a few sketcheroos:


Also, she and my other cat Christopher-Robbin were always cuddling! They did some insanely cute things pretty much every day, all day.  Here's some drawings of a few of their cuddle-puddles:




The day I knew I had to put her to sleep I brought her home and she had a really nice afternoon.  She had a big bowl of yummy wet cat-food and took a long nap on her pillow in the sunlight.  I drew these of her that day and I think they are the best ones I ever drew of her.  She would curl her tail into a curly-cue sometimes and I was glad to get that in a drawing because I always loved that.







She was an amazing cat and I am really, really lucky I got to have her with me.  I wish I could have had more time but better this much than none, I say.  I will close by saying my next entry will be happier and to leave you with a photo of her:

Thanks for checking in at the studio! 
Beckaroo out.

4 comments:

  1. I read your post because I'm looking for tonkinese drawings. This post is old but I want to tell you that I liked a lot your drawings, Campana Azul was beautiful and I recognize the specifical tonkinese mood and allure. Thanks you for sharing with us her beauty with your sensitive drawings !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment! Campana was such a treasure!! I still have two tonkinese cats, of course, it is my favorite breed. IF you would ever like a portrait of your kitties let me know! Love, Beckarooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a blue princess, she's my first tonkinese and she's one year old. It's a wonderful breed, indeed ! You can see my Jaya-Jyoti here : https://fr.pinterest.com/flanelletje/jaya-jyoti-du-bois-de-gury/
    I would love to have a portrait of her but I'm very far away from Minneapolis, I'm in France !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely little lady! Haha I won't hold living in France against you! I hear it's a lovely place with lots of vacation time. :) You can private message me here: beckaroo.laff@gmail.com and we can work it out if you'd like. :-) Thanks again for the visit and the comments! Love, Beckaroo!

    ReplyDelete