Monday, September 5, 2011

09.05.11

Hello, out there!

I hope you are enjoying the end of summer.  I am looking forward to the fall!

Here, in the studio, I have been pretty productive.  I finished up the panels for Atalanta's Race so now I have just a few finishing touches and it's done!  Here's the last sequence of panels:


I am definitely planning on continuing this story later on but for now I think it's a good representation of the style of art and pacing I am going for.  I will post the final piece next week so be sure to check back!  For now I am off to the next sequence which will be a chase scene from "The Phantom of the Opera".  This one will give me a lot of opportunity to play with space and pacing as well as a chance to draw humans instead of sock monkeys and I have more fun with that!  Here is a sketch of the sequence, originally designed as a comic:


I am going to take these sketches and expand on them, just like I did with Atalanta's Race.  I'm excited to work with this subject and with this particular environment. Here's a link to info about Garnier's Opera house in Paris:
http://www.operadeparis.fr/cns11/live/onp/L_Opera/Palais_Garnier/PalaisGarnier.php?lang=en

Plus, I love opera.  Win, win.
 I've also been working on color and playing with familiar characters.  So far I've been using Disney characters but I decided my next image will be of The Lady Amalthea from The Last Unicorn, one of my favorite books and films.  here's a link to the wikipedia page for it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Unicorn_(film)
   Here's what I've done this week:


Today I am working on the image of Briar Rose/Aurora from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.  I'm happy with how it's coming along.  I'm looking forward to coloring her because I like her gray and beige, communist-like color scheme.  You will have to check back here next week to see what I mean!  


I'm anxious to get started so I am going to close this post.  Here is an image of the Red Bull from the Last Unicorn. You should watch The Last Unicorn today, I think.  





Thanks for the visit, come back next week!
beckaroo out.

No comments:

Post a Comment