Monday, November 26, 2012

11.26.12 Hero's Calling

Well, hello, friends!
Welcome back to my little blog.  Today I'm finally posting the first 9 pages of Hero's Journey completely finished for you--Happy Holidays!
  I actually finished these awhile ago but when I was working on them I was really sick and it took me a while to be able to look at them without feeling a rush of nausea.  Thank the gods (uh-oh, I've been scripting too long when I start talking like my characters!!)  that's over because I really like the way it looks.  ...speaking of writing ...
 When people say a picture says a thousand words, that is literal truth.  I find the written word to be a clunky and inefficient method of delivering information. What I could say with one picture is equal to paragraph after paragraph of information.  With a picture I can communicate what I need to tell you in milliseconds -with the written word it can take several minutes--dependent on the reader's cognitive abilities--and of course you have to phrase everything just right, too.  I don't have that kind of time, okay??  So this is ultimately my problem when it comes to writing.  When you know a better way, why revert to something less efficient? Unfortunately, it is necessary and don't get me wrong, the written word is the best invention of all time--Go words!!  But I'll be happy when I'm done with this script--and I'm almost done--then I can get back to what I do best.  ... and I won't complain about it anymore, I promise! That was it! I swear!!
 So here we go! the first 9 pages--






  Oh SNAP, Hero--you're about to get called!
 I love how this is looking and I'm so glad I don't feel insta-sick anymore when I look at these pages--that gives me hope for renewing my relationship with sweet potato fries! (food poisoning, you know how it is...)
  Anyway, this art is like ice cream for my eyes--I don't make art I don't like looking at, FYI, and I hope it is just as aesthetically pleasing for you!
  These are the only finished pages I'll be posting to this blog but worry not--there will be lots of concept art and other fun things coming all the time, I mean I don't even post half of what I'm actually doing.  All I'm trying to tell you is, savor and enjoy this little taste of Hero's Journey because it's all you're getting for a while.  I will let you know when it's printed and ready to be purchased--don't worry about that!
  Also guess what?  My new website will be up a short while and I'm soooooo excited!!
Be well and enjoy your last month before the Apocalypse!!!! (according to SOME folks, anyway ... )  I'm planning a party--an
 "End of Days/Big Disappointment Because Nothing Really Happened Just Like Y2K Party"!
  It's going to be a blast.  (:
As always, contact me via email for any info!
Peace and Love and Happy Holidays!
Beckarooooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment