Monday, December 17, 2012

12.17.12 Oh, 2012, where did you go?

Hey there, friends, fancy meeting you here!
I feel old saying this but wow! this year has gone by fast.  I'm looking forward to 2013 because 2012 was really interesting for me. And of course, I gotta start thinking about the one New Year's resolution I make every year.  Only the very close to me know what it is.  Oooooooh!  a mystery.

This week I decided to show you some of the ideas I've been generating for new illustrations.  I've been working on more conceptual art for the two stories I'm actively developing as well as some for the projects I have on the back-burner.  Let's jump right in!

Here are some new sketches for Rabbit St. Cloud.  Now I think I've really got her !! I love her haircut and  I've got the evil eye, contemptuous look down.  See that zombie army behind her?  It's sloppy, I know, but still awesome.  Of all my characters I have to say SHE feels the most real to me.  ....And that scares me a bit......
Here is a nice solid shot of the Squirrel Trifecta:  Two-Tails, Two-Heads and Six-Legs.  Not very original names but Rabbit named them and she's a scientist--they are very linear thinkers.

So here are sketches for a conceptual  illustration for my adaptation of Gaston Leroux's "The Phantom of the Opera".  I can't stop loving this story--it's a sickness, really.  I LOVE the Paris Opera House and this is going to be not just a portrait of Christine Daae but also of the gorgeous auditorium and chandelier.  I can't wait!!

Here is a sketch for an image from Grimm's "The Frog Prince".  I never cared much for this story till I hear Joseph Campball's take on it.  Now it's one of my favorites.  

Last but not least this is a Christmas image for a lovely family I know.  These are two fabulous kids who are so fun to be around!  I wanted to capture the freedom of a child's imagination--how they can transform the mundane into an amazing adventure. This image is almost done and I'll post the final next week--so check back!!

  That is not nearly all I've been doing but it is all I'm posting this week!  I guess you'll just have to come back next week if you want more--and I have SO much more for you!
  Well, till then I'm off to sketch, sketch, draw, draw, process, process.  All for you.  :-)
Be well, my friends!  Here's some good advice:  Avoid the icy roads because OH MY GOD.  I thought I was going to die so many times last week!!!  But as it turns out, I'm a really good driver.  Must be all those spatial relational skills I've developed over the years.  See the power of Art?  it can save lives!! (:
  Thanks for visiting!!
--Beckarooooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment