Monday, March 18, 2013

3.18.13 A for a change of pace ... Dragons!

Hey Everyone!
Well, as you will see by the work I'm posting this week, my focus has changed slightly.  I'm working on  a new story--I've been doing mostly writing so I only have some sketches to show but I promise next week there will be some fun, full color pictures to look at!
  I don't want to reveal too much about the story so all I will say is there are princesses, knights, dragons AND Giraffe-icorns!  I know, I'm blowing your mind--but you love it so I won't stop!

Here are some sketches:


You can't have a fairy tale without a castle!  Here's my first attempt.
Here are the two main characters and their cat:  

A Princess, a Knight and a feline.  Watch out, world!

Check out my dragon!  It's a LADY dragon, see how graceful she is? 

 She's a komodo dragon meets a snake meets a .... lizard-bat, I guess...?

And here is the Princess and the Dragon--as you can see, this won't be your typical princess/dragon story--and it won't be your typical NOT-typical princess story, either!  

Next week in color, I swear!

Last but not least, for your pleasure, (and because I really wanted to post something in color!) here is Sayid, the side-kick with his magic flute--with it he can control you emotions so watch out, ladies!  ;)

  I think Sayid is one of my most favorite characters!  He is the most fun to draw but also very annoying because all those spots are a pain!  but they always looks good.  Giraffes always look good, don't you think?

  Well, Thanks so much for the visit but now, as usual for this time of the year, I'm getting swamped!  It's time for me to get back to work or else I will risk having nothing new to post next week!  Some things just aren't post-able, you understand.  At least, for a certain period of time they aren't.
  Luckily, today there is another blizzard which means I'll be skiing  a few more times before the end of the season, after all--thank you, Minnesota!!
Be well, my friends!
Love, Beckarooooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment