Monday, April 1, 2013

04.01.13 April Fool's!!


Well, that blogpost title was an easy one and so clever--don't you think?  :-P
Thanks for coming back!
  I have been very hard at work, as you've probably guessed--what ELSE would I be doing??  Actually I have had a bit of a bizarre week ... they say stories happen to those who tell them, so I guess that would explain that. :-)   This week I've been working on idea development so I have mostly sketches to show you--but I do have one piece in color and next week, I will have an amazing an beautiful full-color image for you to see--for sure!  I really like full color images b/c the illusion is more complete that way.

  Well, let's get started--What, Beckarooo, are you working on this week?  Well, I love a good Aesop Fable.  They are very easy-to-tell stories so sometimes I will tell them to my friends randomly for the moral--and in a fake british accent, of course--how else would you tell them?? I am drawn to the more obscure ones, which is most of them, actually--hundreds of those things, did you know?  Aesop pretty much covered every possible moral conundrum one could face in life.  Some of them are more philosophical as opposed to problem-solving and this is a more thoughtful one, it's called "The Nightingale:"


Not much sketching needed for this--just a kitty and a birdy.

pp 1 and 2  (that's Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony, the 6th--I don't skrimp on the details) 
pp 3 and 4  That sassy Nightingale! SNAP!


I have to say, Aesop's work is pretty easy to convert to comic form--he's so simple and very visual--we are a match made in heaven....and speaking of matches made in Heaven--here's the full color version of "Molly and Napolean."  I'm not sure if I mentioned this last week but Napolean is my cat and Molly is my step-dog.  And they love each other for real in real life and that is why they are such an adorable inspiration:

I am so happy with how silky-soft Napolean looks because he is the silkiest and softest kitty!

Okay, I'm so close to being done with all these story ideas and then I will be back to "Phantom of the Opera," which I know is what you all really want--and I like to give you what you want. It helps that I want it, too.  :-)  So, now, back to work!

Thanks for the visit to the old studio!
Now GET OUT!  (JK!!JK!!  don't be so sensitive!!)
Be well!!
Love, Beckaroooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment