Monday, October 8, 2012

10.08.12 Hero's Journey

Hello there, out in the world!
I am about to leave for a trip to NYC--WOOT!!! but before I catch my cab I decided to add these new images for Hero's Journey to my blog for you--I know, I'm so thoughtful!

Here are some conceptual images--more to come, of course:


This, above, is obviously Hero.  The pink roses represent his earnest and pure passion for life.  This is when he just sets out so he's not too sure about things, yet.

 This is Sayid Kilik, Hero's sidekick.  He is one of my most favorite characters and here he is playing Mozart's "Magic Flute" on his own magic flute....but just between you and me, it's not really magic.
This is "Orehn", the shadow self character.  He seems cranky, and he is, but he's an alright guy....but just wait, okay, because things get a little weird towards the end!       





I promised you that I would share the process for the first 9 pages and I will not forget that promise.  Here are pages 2 and 3.  Why not page 1, you ask?  The answer is that I'm redoing that page and adding a couple of aspect to aspect shots that will introduce the surrounding countryside more effectively.  Trust me, it'll be way better when that way.

Here are the colors, preliminary and may possibly be tweaked or changed, but I'm very happy with them thus far:


Page 2

Page 3




 Well, after one very productive and inspiring week I must sign off and take a break as I go off to have an amazing time in NYC.  There's also my sister's wedding and that will be fun but I'm going to see "Chicago" on Broadway and I have a really cute skirt for that and I'm really excited! YAY!  The wedding will be fun, too. :-)  Well, on that note, it's time get going.  I hope you enjoy Hero's Journey, as always please contact with any comments or questions! More work next week--but probably only sketches because I'll be traveling.
Ciao!
--Beckarooo


No comments:

Post a Comment