Monday, February 4, 2013

02.04.13 A New Post for the New Year...Finally!

Hello!
Welcome back to my blog!  I skipped the month of January because I got that really bad flu and it was really bad. For real. So I took some time off--like coma time, I was mostly unconscious for the month of January--but now I'm back and healthy and I will start this year with some sketches because this is the time of year for planning.  Pretty soon I'm going to get bogged down with coloring books and posters and actual final pieces that must be produced.  ...which I love :-D
  I will start with some "Phantom of the Opera" sketches because wow!  you guys out there really like it--thanks!!  Here's the finally final sketch for the image of Christine on stage:
It's finally reached "I'm happy with it" status!  Soon it will  be inked and colored  and sooooo pretty.  (:

  The next image I'm working on for "Phantom of the Opera" is a scene of Erik and Christine in the cellars.  I'm just trying to get a feel for the lighting  at this point so these sketches are pretty sloppy but I think the image idea comes across strongly...
I love the Phantom but he's really such a creep sometimes.
   I like working on "Phantom of the Opera" as a side project to "Hero's Journey" because it's darker and it calls for a more detailed style that challenges me, artistically.  I love Hero but it's like eating too much ice cream sometimes.  I hope that makes sense to you because it's the best way I can think to describe it. Speaking of Hero...
  I've also been making a lot of progress on "Hero's Journey."  I have the script mostly completed now so I've started to work on the pages.  I just finished sketching out a montage/back-story sequence and even though I find those scenes annoying to draw people tell me I'm good at it ... I'll let you be the judge.  (:

Since Ondine is a water nymph I tried to make the composition very wave-like.  Also water is representative of emotion and look at Ondine--she's so sad.  ):

I actually really love that last image--so much so that I decided to make a conceptual image of it for Ondine.  I'm working on a few conceptual images for "Hero's Journey."  Here's a peek at some of them:

SIGH!!  poor Ondine!  She's been through a really rough time.
I'm really liking this image of Sayid, the Giraffe!  It's going to be super pretty when it's done. 

Last, but not least, I thought I'd share this final image of my little friends Helen and Adam.  I made this for their parents for X-Mas.  I think it turned out great!  I love it and their parents did, too. And so did Helen--and she's who I was really trying to please. (:



  So, as you can see, even though I sometimes forget to post or maybe I lose interest in the blog for a while (Sorry!)  I am always working on something and I will always eventually post something!  So rest assured if you don't hear from me, it's because I'm working too much.  And speaking of that I have to get going--there's only so much time in a day and I have a mountain of work ahead of me.  
  Thanks again for visiting--more next week!  
Beckaroooooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment