Monday, February 18, 2013

2.18.13 Another process post!

Hello out there!
This weekend I got a lot of work done on "Hero's Journey" which is wonderful!
  As you may already know, I started a Tumblr page for Hero:  http://herosjourneycomic.tumblr.com
I haven't posted much, yet, because I just started it-- but just watch as it grows!  I have a lot of little images in mind to throw up there to educate everyone about the book, Joseph Campbell and the hero's quest mono-myth!  So go ahead and check it out.

Now, on to the art...

I got so much work done this weekend and that always makes me happy.  I decided to make some solid illustrations of the characters to get their colors down and to be more comfortable all around because practice is always a good thing for artists.  Here is the image I designed for Sayid, the Side Kick.  He is a prince of a very powerful kingdom which is known for their fine fabrics and rich culture. I thought he should be showing that off in this image.
Here's the initial sketch:
This sketch is about 2" by 3"

Here is the final drawing that I used for the final line drawing.
Now, here are the final inked lines....

....AND the final image!  Actually this is about 98% done.  I have a few little clean-up things to do so don't look too close!

Sayid is not your average prince--he's had to make his own way in the world so he's more well-rounded than you would initially think.  He's also quite a talented musician, FYI....
Well, as stated earlier to see more "Hero's Journey" stuff go to http://herosjourneycomic.tumblr.com

As always, a week cannot go by without me drawing something in the Paris Opera House!  I'm working on the Grand Escalier for my next image from that world and these two drawings are the winners for the week--hope you like them!
I love how the curved lines interact with the straight lines behind them.   Don't you just want to walk up those stairs??

Here is one of the sculptural candelabrum.  These ladies have some serious arm muscles...I'm a little jealous. (:

Well, I'm on a roll and so I'm going right back to work!
But before you go here is some Sock Monkey Love for you:
Sock Monkey BFFs


Want more Sock Monkeys?  Check out http://sockmonkeycouture.tumblr.com
Thanks for visiting my studio!  Come back next week for another peek at all the work I'm doing.
Till next time, be well, my friends!
--Beckarooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment