Monday, February 25, 2013

02.25.13 More Heroic Art!

Hello, again!
Well, it looks like February, 2013 is pretty much over.  Which is fine--being from MN, I have to say February is not my favorite month...April is!) BUT! I got a lot of work done this month on "Hero's Journey," as I'm sure you are aware if you read this blog--and that always makes me happy!  Howver, now I'm going to take a break and focus on "Phantom of the Opera"  for a little while--just a short while--till then, here is a glimpse of what I've been working on:

First, an image of Ondine: she is a demi-goddess who is trapped in that tree! She's not very happy about it. She acts as the "magical helper" and also calls Hero to his quest.  What a helpful magical friend!



Here is another Valentine image for Orehn, the "shadow-self".  I didn't intend for this to be another Valentine but he was making that heart-shape and it just seemed so right.  I think this image captures his overall grumpiness quite well.  He's a surly guy.



Now here's an image of Hero as a hero!  This is the special armor that Demeter gives him toward the end of the book.  He can fly with those shoes!


And here is a sketch for an image of Sayid, the "side-kick" playing his magic flute:


And speaking of Sayid, I've been working a lot on developing the look and feel of his kingdom.  It is a very rich and artful culture but a culture with a lot of class inequities which he would like to change when he becomes King.  He's such a forward-thinking guy.  Here are some sketches for his kingdom:



I can't wait to get to this part of the book because I'm going to going to have a lot of fun with all the architecture and patterns and fabrics, textures and colors--OMG, I can't wait!!. :-D

Well, thanks, again for visiting my studio!  you are always welcome. (:
But, I think I've been working a little too hard this month and now it's time for a nap.  But check back next week for more art from me, Beckaroo! 
(You love it!)

Till next time!
--Beckarooo

No comments:

Post a Comment