Thursday, February 14, 2013

2.14.13 Happy Valen-Times!!!

Well, hello there!
It's Valentine's Day and in the spirit of heart shapes, chocolates and the colors red, pink and lavender, I bring you these "Hero's Journey" Valentines:

These ones didn't make the cut but I still think they are cute.

As you may have noticed from the web address on the bottom of the image I started a Tumblr page for "Hero's  Journey".  It's going to be full of images and descriptions of the characters--all kinds of info about the book.  I will be updating it every Thursday.  This way you can learn more about Hero's world and it's a pretty awesome place.  Lots of crazy stuff can happen there.

Moving on ... last week I showed you sketches for 2 illustrations I'm working on for Hero's Journey.  Here they are now fully inked. ....I'm pretty happy with them.  Check it out:

Sigh....so sad.  So pretty.

Sayid, the Side Kick and Prince of the Kingdom by the Sea.

Here is something I'm really proud of!  Check out that chandelier--and everything else.  Honestly, a drawing or painting or whatever of the Paris Opera House can't help but be amazing.

Sublime.  Now I need to come up with the perfect title.
When I've completed this image I will post a lot of the sketches I did to lead up to it...so, so many.  My next Paris Opera House Illustration will be of the Grand Escalier. I haven't decided what's going to go on there yet so I have some thinking to do.

Now I'm changing the subject entirely!  I love to make Sock Monkeys and for proof of this if you scroll WAY back to the beginning of this blog you will see some of my older sock monkey comics.  Long story short--I started a Tumblr full of Sock Monkey photos--because they are so fun to take pictures of!
For example:

Thoughtful Monkey

Sock Monkeys.  Lots of Sock Monkeys.


What can I say?  Sock Monkeys make everyone smile.  (:   Here's a link to the Tumblr:  
sockmonkeycouture.tumblr.com

People seem to like it--and who doesn't like a sock monkey??  Is that possible?  


Well!  This has been a fantastic and wonderful Valentine's Day post!  But now I'm afraid I must depart.  I'm about to go ski until they kick me out. Don't worry, I'll be polite when it happens. (:

Have a loverly day, friends and thanks for the visit!
More next week!
--Beckarooo

No comments:

Post a Comment